Monday, March 10, 2014

Wearing of the Green

Good Monday Morning!  The sun is shining bright here is SW Virginia and it is supposed to get into the upper 60's!  Whoo Hoo! All that nasty white stuff is gone!   We had a lovely weekend and I got so much done.
All the seedlings were transplanted into their own little cells so they can stretch their feet and grow!  I have a panel that has broken in my greenhouse so I can't put them out there yet and they are in my laundry room which is small but we are fixing the greenhouse this week and they will be off to their new home.
 
Then I decided to "green up" my buffet.  I really don't have very many St. Patrick's Day decorations and I got to looking for a tablecloth with green so I could do a pretty table scape and I didn't have that either.  I am going to have to remedy those two problems.
 
So I got out my green depression glass and decorated my buffet.

I love this shamrock soup tureen from an estate sale a couple of years ago.

The handled green vase belonged to my grandmother,

 

I really love my Teaberry advertising pieces.
 
I also made some Lime Jello Cookies that were really delicious.  I will give you that recipe this week sometimes and I also made me a green and white skirt to wear next Monday.  Pics soon.
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
 
Linda


4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a lovely buffet with your green depression dishes. You'll have to model your new skirt for us. My husband and I were just talking about how much we wanted to start seedlings and where on earth we'd put them until the mountains of snow ever melt. Come on SPRING!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Lime jello cookies, sounds good! Love your sweet decorations for your buffet! :) I've been thinking about plants and possibly starting some seeds...how fun! Wishing you a happy new week! xo Holly

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, All your green glass is beautiful. What a super collection. The flat dish with the handle is my fav, but it is all gorgeous and makes a terrific St. Paddys day display.

Patti said...

All I can say is, absolutely gorgeous!